Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week Two: Art History and Education

Most of this week's lecture was irrelevant to my interests, until Dr. Kline came in after the Community Arts and Art Education departments to talk about Art History. I was really excited for this because I know I want to add some kind of Art History degree while in school at Temple. After listening to Dr. Kline's talk, I'm seriously thinking about declaring a double major in my field and Art History. It seems like a lot of hard work, but will be useful for finding and securing a good job after college. It was amazing to see how many courses besides the basics are offered in art history, I had no idea one course could focus on one small period in time and have that much information to give. I feel ecstatic just thinking about taking more art history courses, it's one of my favorite subjects and it is just so fascinating to understand how any two pieces of artwork can be compared and connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment